Who does not know the power of Google Camera or can be abbreviated as GCAM. The camera application made by Google has the advantages, among others, the quality of the resulting image is much different from the photos from the default camera application. Actually Google Camera can only be used on Google output devices such as Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL.
But now there are lots of Google Camera Applications that have been ported and customized for several smartphone models other than Google Pixels. But so many obstacles in installation, among others, the smartphone device must be rooted first and activate the Camera2 API.
Fortunately, the latest Redmi Note 7 smartphone has equipped Camera2 API without root to activate it. As a result, to install the Google Camera Application, you don’t need to go to great lengths to root and install TWRP on Redmi Note 7.
Here’s an easy way to install Google Camera on Redmi Note 7 without root and without UBL:
Download GCam on Redmi Note 7
Steps to Install Google Camera on Redmi Note 7:
- After everything is downloaded, first install the Google Camera APK on Redmi Note 7.
- Open the Google Camera Application, then enter Settings / Settings in the GCAM Application.
- When in the Settings screen, scroll down in the General – Save Settings category then save with the desired name. The goal is to create a configuration folder and configuration file name in internal storage in XML format.
- Exit the Google Camera Application and then enter the File Manager application – Internal Storage – Gcam – Configs –
- Delete the existing XML file and copy the downloaded config file to the Configs folder.
- Reopen the Google Camera application, tap the black bottom and then the Choose Config popup appears – Select the XML file Redmi Note 7 (which was downloaded earlier) then tap Restore.
Google Camera application for Redmi Note 7 is ready to use and please explore the functions inside.
Google Camera features on the Redmi Note 7 smartphone include:
- Night Sight Mode / Night Mode which results are very pro and very satisfying, the results are far different from the Night feature on the default camera.
- Slow Motion Video
- Photo Blur
- Portrait mode
- Photos & Videos
All of the above features run smoothly and have been tried on Redmi Note 7 3/32 by admin, so what are you waiting please try installing Gcam on your Redmi Note 7.