Although it is not officially marketed here in Europe, it is the Xiaomi Mi 8 SE is a pretty interesting and high quality smartphone, as in the review . So here’s how we explain in this manual how to do it Unlock the boot loader , install the TWRP and get the root permissions with the Xiaomi Mi 8 SE, codenamed ” Sirius “.
IMPORTANT : The procedure described is a complex process that, if not done correctly, may damage the device. It is recommended to run only by users who have good modding experience. The staff of GizChina.it is not liable for damage to the device. This procedure involves formatting the phone and the consequent loss of all data: It is recommended to make a backup copy.
CAUTION : Following the latest Xiaomi guidelines, DO NOT INSTALL BEFORE INSTALLING ON THE ALREADY INSTALLED . This is due to the anti-rollback mechanism initiated by the company’s software team. Although not all models currently on the market, they will increase over time. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you check the list of smartphones with anti-rollback before flashing any more ROMs.
Baca Juga: How To Root Realme C2
How do I install TWRP and get root on Xiaomi Mi 8 SE | Help
Unlock the bootloader Mi 8
As usual, before you start, we remind you that to carry out this type of procedure will first be necessary to unlock the bootloader Mi 8, explained in detail in our guide. For the preconditions, a Windows PC is part of ADB and Fastboot (restart if you have just installed) and a USB cable, connect the smartphone to the PC, which at least have the battery needs 75% to to avoid possible problems.
First you need to download the TWRP Recovery, downloadable from this link . After downloading, move the file to the ADB folder (usually). C: \ adb “).
- Turn off the smartphone.
- Simultaneously press the Power + Volume Down buttons to enter Fastboot mode.
- Connect the smartphone to the PC.
- In the “adb” folder, hold down the Shift key, right-click and select ” Open the PowerShell Window Here ” or “Open a Command Window Here “ (depending on which version of Windows you have);
- Verify that the smartphone was detected with the command. ” Fastboot devices ” After that would have an alphanumeric string that says ” Quick Start “;
- Write ” fastboot flash recovery -namensdateii- Img ” To start the TWRP installation;
- After installation, write ” Fastboot-Boot -nomefile- . Img “ to restart the phone in TWRP mode;
- Since this is done in Chinese, follow the procedure shown in the following screens in the main screen.
- In TWRP select ” Swipe ” and swipe dalvik and wipe the cache.
PS: Instead of -filename- you should specify the name of the TWRP file for installation. This is because renewed versions of the TWRP could be published with a different name than the previous one.
LazyFlasher and Magisk installation
Once Custom Restore is installed, it’s time to get root privileges, in this case via Magisk. But first we have to install LazyFlasher to avoid possible blockages at startup.
- Download Magisk e LazyFlasher and copy it into the phone’s store;
- Turn off the smartphone.
- Simultaneously press the Power + Volume Down button to bring up the TWRP screen.
- Confirm the change request at the first start;
- Select ” install “, search for the Magisk file in memory and install it.
- Restart the phone in TWRP mode.
- Select ” install ” Search for the LazyFlasher file in memory and install it.
- Restart the phone and open Magisk Manager to check if the root was successful.